Pilot Vision™ System
In-the-blowmolder, vision-based inspection system for PET containers
The Pilot Vision™ system is a modular vision-based inspection system that mounts inside the blowmolder to provide detection of random occurring defects during the production of PET bottles. This system offers manufacturers a means to critically evaluate preforms and blown bottles for defects that may compromise the quality of the finished product.
Pilot Vision is available as a stand-alone system, or as part of Agr’s Process Pilot® automated blowmolder management system.
Defect detection where it is most needed
- Bottle Finish Seal
- Bottle Sidewall
- Bottle Base
Pilot Vision can identify a wide range of commonly occurring defects
- On preforms — contamination, crystalinity. opaque spots, un-melts, bubbles/blisters, burn marks, water spots, streaks . . .
- On bottle finish seal — nicks, dents and scratches in seal surface, surface irregularities, seal surface integrity, inner/outer diameter, ovality, blown finish, choked neck, short shots . . .
- On bottle sidewall — neck folds, clarity and consistency, crystalinity, contamination, dark spots, holes, under-blown containers . . .
- On Bottle Base – holes, opaque spots, foreign particles, un-melted material, under-blown and improperly formed feet, folds, off-center gate, gate size, gate ovality/tears, gate holes . . . .
- Small profile permits compatibility with all major blowmolders in use today
- Up to 6 cameras for comprehensive inspection
- Multi-spectrum LED illumination
- High-resolution imaging with throughput up to 100,000 bph
- High-speed image processing
- Proven industry specific algorithms, designed specifically for containers, for finish, seal surface, base and sidewall
- Easy operation and setup
- Built-in process control tools
- Compatible with all major brand blowmolders
- Seamless integration with Agr Pilot Profiler™ distribution monitoring systems and Process Pilot automated blowmolder control software